You’ve designed your ideal home and want to help future proof it by using the latest cutting edge construction techniques.
You want your home to be warm and comfortable, but you also don’t want to pay a small fortune each year in fuel bills.
Building your home with Kingspan TEK Building System a great solution to building your home quickly and with outstanding energy efficiency.
Some advantages of using the Kingspan TEK Building System (SIPs) from THCL are as follows:
- Can be used to create highly energy efficient buildings.
- Can achieve whole wall and roof u-values of between 0.20 – 0.10Wm2k.
- Can achieve air permeabilities as low as 0.08 air changes per hour at normal air pressures, or 0.91 air changes per hour at 50 Pa (approximately 1 m3/hour/m2 at 50Pa).
- Benefits from minimal thermal bridging due to a unique insulated panel jointing system.
- Creates minimal site waste as kits are designed, cut and palletised in our quality controlled, factory environment to an ISO9001-2008 quality management system.
- All system components that are delivered to your project will come from one factory in Marton, therefore there are fewer deliveries compared with more traditional methods of construction. The overall result is less transport, congestion, noise, traffic pollution etc which minimises your projects impact on the environment.
- The TEK Building System from THCL has full PEFC Chain of Custody.
2008 BRE Green Guide A+ or A Summary rated roof and wall elements available.
Manufactured with a blowing agent that has zero Ozone Depletion potential (ODP) and low Global Warming Potential(GWP).
- TEK (SIP) buildings will not encounter the same vertical settlement as a more conventional Timber Frame structure, predominantly due to the reduced number of horizontal timber plates in compression. This significantly reduces defects and time spent snagging in comparison with other similar systems post completion.
- Supported with full and comprehensive drawings and structural calculations.
- Recognised by major Mortgage Lenders as a main stream method of construction.
- Recognised by major building warranty providers including NHBC
- Holds BBA certification (for 142 mm thick panels) and is recognised by most mortgage providers
- The Kingspan TEK Building System is designed and manufactured in the factory. Therefore the scheme (including all ancillaries) are delivered complete and from one source, enabling a weather-tight structure to be erected quickly
- Defects are vastly reduced due to the factory-controlled manufacture, precise engineering and the design of the Kingspan TEK Building System